Pre-JYM is the latest edition to a line of bodybuilding supplements produced by JYM Supplement Science. It’s hard not to appreciate the clever choice of name—gym supplements by JYM—and the name is doubly clever because the man behind it is called Dr. Jim Stoppani.
Stoppani is a hard-core athlete with a chiseled physique and a doctorate in exercise physiology with a minor in biochemistry from the University of Connecticut. He’s published thousands of articles on exercise and nutrition and is the man behind the Encyclopedia of Muscle & Strength. Stoppani has also provided health and fitness advice to many big-name stars including LL Cool J and Dwayne Johnson—better known to wrestling fans as The Rock—so it would be hard to dispute Stoppani’s credentials as an expert on sports nutrition.
Though Stoppani’s Pre-Jym is good for perhaps an hour of intensity at the gym, it can’t do much more than that. We can’t make a good case for it when there are more sustained supplement programs like Crazymass stack combos, which can cover all bases. With the bulking stack or cutting stack from them, your recovery protein shake after working out maybe all that’s needed.
As the name suggests Stoppani’s Pre-JYM formulation is a pre-workout shake that is designed to help users maximize their workouts and obtain better bodybuilding results.
Pre-JYM comes in a choice of cherry limeade or raspberry lemonade.
Main Benefits of Pre-JYM
There are 13 ingredients in the Pre-JYM blend and each (26.5g) scoop contains:
To provide power, health, and endurance:
- Creatine Hydrochloride (2g): The muscle pumping prowess of creatine has been well documented and creatine HCL is one of the most easily absorbed creatine forms available today.
- CarnoSyn® Beta-Alanine (2g): Studies show supplementation with beta-alanine (prior to training) can provide enhanced power and muscle growth. CarnoSyn® beta-alanine is the most potent form of the ingredient available today.
- Betaine (Trimethylglycine) (1.5g): Science has failed to discover how betaine supplementation enhances muscle growth but most experts agree the ingredient has the power to do so.
- Taurine (1g): An often neglected component that is crucial to muscle energy.
- N-Acetyl L-Cysteine (600mg): A stable form of the amino acid L-Cysteine. Its presence is of key importance to muscle building and repair.
- AlphaSize® Alpha-Glyceryl Phosphoryl Choline (150mg): A powerful growth hormone promoter that also provides increased focus while training.
To maximize pump, improve vascularity, and amplify energy
- Citrulline Malate (6g): Encorages the production of nitric oxide, boosts energy, and enhances cellular metabolism.
- Beta vulgaris L. (beet extract) (500mg): Provides extra nitrates, enhances performance and generally pumps up the power of workout sessions.
Fatigue-fighting anabolic activators
- L-Leucine (3g): A very important amino acid that is important to muscle development and should never be neglected.
- L-Isoleucine (1.5g): An amino acid that assists muscle growth and repair.
- L-Valine (1.5): An amino acid that is crucial to the growth of healthy muscle tissue.
To enhance focus and drive
- L-Tyrosine (1.5mg): An amino acid that triggers production of noradrenaline and dopamine to reduce stress levels and improve mental focus.
- Caffeine Anhydrous (300mg): The energy-boosting, focus-enhancing qualities of caffeine are well known and explain coffee’s popularity as a first drink of the day.
To improve absorption
- BioPerine (5mg): Studies show the presence of BioPerine can facilitate the smooth absorption of other ingredients. As an added bonus, BioPerine is a proven metabolism enhancer and fat burner.
Independent reviews are available and Pre-JYM appears to be a hit with the majority of users. Many reviewers go into lengthy detail about how the product has assisted them. Two of the shorter ones read:
[pain]”Definitely give you the pump, hype, focus and drive you are looking to have while in the gym. I have highly recommended it to all of my friends.”[/plain]
Pricing & Availability
Pre-JYM is primarily sold via the BodyBuilding.com online store. Stoppani has ties to the site so, although he has created an impressive site of his own, he uses BodyBuilding.com to process his site sales. The product can also be purchased from Amazon.com. Each tub contains 20 servings and generally costs just under $35.
Pre-JYM Pros & Cons at a Glance
It’s good to see training supplements with a strong scientific backing. The fact that it is developed by an expert who is in extremely good shape should go a long way in reassuring potential buyers of this product’s efficacy. The price tag might be bumped up slightly due to the amount of active ingredients in this thing but we’re fans of supplements that do the job, and if the money is worth the result then we’ll lighten our wallets for it. Beats buying hyped up rubbish for 80% the same cost.