SunWarrior Warrior Blend Protein Powder Pros & Cons at a Glance
- Natural ingredients
- Contains all essential amino acids
- Well tolerated
- Assists fat burning
- Suitable for most user groups (including vegans)
- Should produce noticeable muscle gains
- Plentiful customer feedback (mostly positive)
- Choice of flavors
- Side effects are extremely unlikely
- Readily available
- Reasonably priced
- A few customers complain about the texture/taste
- No inclusion rates provided
Warrior Blend Raw Protein powder is manufactured in the USA by SunWarrior. The company produces several other health supplements and all SunWarrior products are made from non-genetically modified plant-based ingredients and are designed to be suitable for use by the majority of people, including vegans and vegetarians.
SunWarrior products are:
- Gluten free
- Soy free
- Dairy free
- Non GMO
The Warrior Blend
Customers have three Warrior Blend flavor choices. The main blend ingredients are the same, but the use of different flavor-providing ingredients has resulted in each flavor containing a slightly different amount of protein.
- Natural: 1 (25g) scoop provides 20g protein
- Chocolate: 1 (25g) scoop provides 19g protein
- Vanilla: 1 (25g) scoop provides 18g protein
The manufacturers state the real power of their blend can be attributed to ‘synergy’. Not everyone will be familiar with the word, but in a nutshell SunWarrior are saying their chosen ingredients enhance each other’s benefits to create a blend that is more powerful than any of the individual ingredients would is used alone or combined with less compatible ingredients.
One scoop should be mixed with water, coconut milk, or any preferred beverage.
- Complete protein contains all essential amino acids
- Increased metabolism and fat burning while building muscle
- Promotes liver and kidney health
- Creates a feeling of satiety (fullness)
- Promotes muscle function
- Idea for healthy weight loss
- Improved mental clarity
- Easy to digest
- Increases energy
- No cholesterol
- Heart Healthy
The SunWarrior Warrior Blend uses a proprietary blend, so no inclusion rates are specified. Each flavor requires a slightly different blend of ingredients (vanilla extract, organic chocolate extract etc.) but the key ingredients appear to be:
- Raw Organic Pea Protein: Peas are naturally high in fiber, crammed full of nutrients, and a valuable source of protein that contains all essential amino acids and more branch chained amino acids than any other vegetable protein.
- Raw Cranberry Protein: Cranberries also contain a full spectrum of all essential amino acids. Each berry contains a muscle-pumping 25% protein and these somewhat understated berries are also credited with the power to boost the immune system, regulate cholesterol levels, alleviate stress and reduce the risk of heart attacks.
- Raw Organic Hemp Seed Protein: Hempseed is high in protein and so rich in nutrition that it could be used as sole food source without ill effect. All the necessary amino acids are present and its genetic makeup is very similar to proteins found in the body. This allows hempseed protein to be absorbed more quickly than any other protein form
- Medium Chain Triglycerides from Coconut: A rich source of essential fatty acids that are reputed to encourage fat burning rather than fat storing and can speed up recover times (particularly useful after hard training sessions).
Although SunWarrior do not list it among the ingredients for their ‘natural’ flavored blend, Konjac is listed as an ingredient in the chocolate and vanilla flavor options. Konjac is a natural fiber that has the ability to absorb large quantities of moisture. This causes the fibers to swell inside the stomach to promote a feeling of fullness that naturally suppresses the appetite.
SunWarrior Warrior blend protein powder is such a natural and well-tolerated product that side effects or other issues are extremely unlikely, but it is always good practice to consult a medical practitioner before beginning any form of supplementation. This is doubly true in the case of pregnant or nursing mothers.
Independent feedback is readily available and it’s hard to find anyone who has a bad word to say about the product. A little digging unearthed a customer who failed to be impressed by the blend and stated:
But the majority of customers appear to be happy customers and more typical responses to the product read:
Pricing & Availability
Customers in the US and Canada may be able to find a local retailer who stocks the product. Customers elsewhere in the world will probably have to buy online, but will be spoilt for choice when searching for a supplier. Prices vary from site to site, but a 500g pack costs $29.97 from the SunWarrior online store.